Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day two.

The "three a day" mission has become a little bit of an obsession. I scour drawers, rooms, nooks and crannies for items that may be looking for a one way ticket out of our apartment. Some items are simply asking for it - they are wonky, damaged, or are broken. Others are simply at the wrong place at the wrong time...



Today's contenders include:

- a Fresh Juice magazine that I receive because Superstore likes sending me free stuff. They are marketing their grand and products through the magazine, and although the marketing isn't as aggressive as Krafts magazines and recipes books from the 80s and 90s, it is still a little unnecessary...and really, who relies on stoic recipe books still? Yes, I still have my favourite books but I would say that 98% of my cooking is a result of my own invention! or from blogs and other online sources. I forecast that I will most likely be ridding of a lot of magazines period in the next bit...I cannot believe that it has taken this long.
- a garlic press that has been replaced by a newer, sturdier version
- a cherry pitter that I got from a garage sale (yes, my hoarding extends to picking up other peoples' garbage). I thought the item was unique and different, however I have come to realize that it is just ugly and useless. Really. I have probably had the thing for over three years, and have never used it.

All items went into the "free" box at work. 

Woohoo! Here's to ridding the home of useless clutter, and making room for living, breathing, and new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment