Monday, November 18, 2013

Fresh Start

It's a brand new blog!

Here I am, yet again, this time with the mission of decluttering ... My home. My work desk. The craft room. The kitchen drawer. My life.

For reasons that are obvious, I have always been a hoarder. My mother was and still is. My grandparents were and still are. My husband is also a hoarder. For reasons that shall go unspecified, I have grown to be a more habitual hoarder in the last couple of years and, on this sleepless night before a workweek, I have chosen to start this blog to document the mission and progress of decluttering my life. I accept that this will be a hardship, but a stress reliever at the same time. Perhaps by letting go of some of my baggage and documenting it, I will be able to move onwards. I hope to gain more clarity on my attachment to objects and possessions, and to learn more about how I can recharge more effectively in my surroundings.

I hope to start small. I want to rid of three objects a day, either by donating, selling, recycling, repurposing, or trashing...this will obviously be an ongoing project. I also want to loosely practice the notion of getting rid of something every time I bring something new in to the home. 

It has been a long time since I have journaled or blogged. It has shown in a sad way. I am conscious that I need the time to introspect and reflect on my thoughts.

We will see how this goes, wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment